⇤ All Events
Encryption Europe – Annual General Meeting
“Encrypt to secure the good,
Enforce to combat the bad,
Protect us all from the ugly”
- Opening remarks: “The untold story of the success of encryption in the digital era”
- Roundtable 1: “From IoT to Quantum, why encryption will matter”
- We know IoT and Quantum technologies will shape our digital future. What we don’t realize is how deeply encryption will shape these technologies
- Roundtable 2: “Encryption, a key instrument towards Europe’s digital autonomy”
- In recent years, a growing concern has emerged across Europe that our continent should preserve or reconquer its autonomy. What has not been properly appreciated yet is how important encryption will be to make this happen.
- Roundtable 3: “Encryption interference with Law Enforcement: any chance of a meaningful dialog?
- The EU Council Resolution on “Encryption – Security through encryption and security despite encryption,” dated 24 November 2020 is unequivocal support in favor of strong encryption and recognizes the necessity for law enforcement and judicial authorities to exercise their lawful powers in protecting our societies and citizens. This necessary balance between strong encryption and lawful enforcement is captured in our motto: “Encrypt to protect the good, Enforce to combat the bad, Protect us all from the ugly.”.